Happy Summer Everyone! Even though school is out, summertime can still be an important part of your child’s education! A fun event we have planned is that the Bookmobile will be stopping at Summit Classical School on June 7th and July 12th from 9:30-10:30 am!
Please mark your calendars to come by.
Additionally here are five ideas to keep your child’s mind active over the summer months.
- Do an art project with your child – You don’t have to buy lots of supplies to make this fun. Use leftover boxes and paper towel rolls or old socks and t-shirts. You will be surprised how much your kid can create with a few simple supplies. Art helps children maintain concentration, improve self-expression, and exercise creativity.
- Go on a nature walk – Take advantage of beautiful summer days to be outside. Visit one of our local parks or take a hike on one of the many beautiful trails near Clinton. Being in nature inspires discovery and scientific thinking. Here is a cool link showing all the nearby trails: https://www.traillink.com/city/clinton-sc-trails/
- Make your family vacation educational – If you plan to visit family or go on a trip, you can add some educational elements. Teach your child how to read a map, visit a history museum, or find a great audiobook to listen to on the way.
- Play games – Board and card games help kids with decision-making, mathematics, problem solving and social skills. Playing games as a family is a great way to keep a child’s mind active. Here is a list of card games you can play with a simple deck of cards. https://www.fatherly.com/play/the-best-card-games-for-kids
- Read, read, read! – You can try setting aside time for your child to read each day. Or read a chapter book with your kids. The Laurens County Library has a summer reading program. They also have Storytime and other activities for Elementary age kids. Here is a link to the summer reading information. Or, you can just ask a librarian to help your child find books at their reading level. Reading in the summer will help them stay fresh for fall classes. Don’t forget our Bookmobile will also be stopping at Summit Classical School on June 7th and July 12th from 9:30-10:30 am.
Bonus Tip: Relax! Summer is also about resting, recovering and making memories with your family. No matter what you do, we at Summit Classical School look forward to seeing your kids ready for a great school year in the fall!